The Great Western Story
Great Western Roof top tent is born from a long-standing collaboration between two Perth companies that have been working together to provide Perth and the greater region with quality custom built aluminium and canvas ute canopies since 2016. Great Racks is a Bibra Lake business that is owned by Wakemaker Marine, an Award-winning boat building business. Great Racks builds the Great Western Roof top tent shells to the highest of marine grade standards, using 5052 marine graded 3mm aluminium plate and all fixtures and fasteners including gas struts from 316 stainless steel.
The Build Process
Once the shells have be manufactured at Great Racks, the tents are taken to South Side Powder coaters, another local business, for the shell to be painted in the customer’s choice of colour. Once painted, the shell will make its final stop to the Great Western Roof Top Tent parent company – WAU Canopies. From there the tents canvas work, Mattress, carpeting/Insulation, electrical and final fit up is completed. From start to finish these tents have one main goal in mind – and that is to have the highest quality tent using the absolute maximum amount of Australian made products into the build
Built by 4wd enthusiasts
The owners of Great Western RTT are long time enthusiasts of 4WDing and Camping, meaning these tents in their design are well tested to endure the worst you can throw at it, and be practical and functional to ensure these last through every adventure possible.
Key Features of the Sandgroper RTT Standard Tent Price
- Mattress – 1350 x 2100 x 100 Premium Australian made mattress and foam with heavy duty covering.
- Canvas – Standard 8oz Canvas (Upgrades available)
- Large rear door with large side openings, coupled with heavy duty mesh doors on all openings.
- Choose your colours of the shell, canvas and edging to really personalise your tent. (Colour matched paint on request)
- All Zips are marine grade premium size 10 Paskal zippers. These are twice the size of our competitor’s size 5 zips.
- Super Strong Shell – strong enough to walk on and can also be used to strapdown loads using the Great Racks signature welded rails on the tent.
- 316 stainless steel gas struts, hinges, latches, bolts, rivets meaning no rust!
- Storage pockets including a clear pocket for watching movies on tablets or phones
- Large removeable zip off awning, with anodised 10mm adjustable steel rods, to hold the awning open
- High density 25mm foam insulation in the ceiling with plush carpet, that adds to the comfort, whilst blocking heat from the shell and softening any noise from rain.
- Welded Unistrut under the tent allows for ease of mounting the tent to any rack
- All Australian design, manufacturing and testing provides peace of mind that your tent will stand up to whatever you throw at it.
- Heavy duty telescopic ladder supplied
- Aero dynamic profile.
- Standard sizing 1450 x 2200 x 260 (+50mm for roof rails)
- Very Fast Setup and pack up!